Re: [HACKERS] Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 1:40 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> On 08/09/2017 10:49 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>>
>>> It has been 1 week since the previous mail. I though that there were
>>> others argued to change the behavior of old-style setting so that a
>>> quorum commit is chosen. If nobody is going to push for a change we
>>> can live with the current behavior?
>>
>> FWIW, I still see no harm in keeping backward-compatibility here, so I
>> am in favor of a statu-quo.
>>

> I am vaguely in favor of making quorum the default over "ordered".
> However, given that anybody using sync commit without
> understanding/customizing the setup is going to be sorry regardless,
> keeping backwards compatibility is acceptable.

Thank you for the comment.

FWIW, in my opinion if tte current behavior of 'N(a,b)' could confuse
users and we want to break the backward compatibility, I'd rather like
to remove that style in PostgreSQL 10 and to raise an syntax error to
user for more safety. Also, since the syntax 'a, b' might be opaque
for new users who don't know the history of s_s_names syntax, we could
unify its syntax to '[ANY|FIRST] N (a, b, ...)' syntax while keeping
the '*'.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada