pg_archivecleanup not cleaning up ?

От Jorge Torralba
Тема pg_archivecleanup not cleaning up ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Running Postgres 9.2.4 on centos 6

We have a backup script that runs twice weekly. At the end of the script it executes a pg_archivecleanup to remove the old WAL files no longer needed.

Most of the time this runs as expected. But for some reason, it does not cleanup ALL of the old wal files.

I noticed today that I still had 3500 wal files. I ran the command manually, and the screen scrolled by with its usual removing file message.

Afterwards, I did an ls | wc - l only to see it had only removed a few. In the end, I had to run the same pg_archivecleanup about 5 times in order to remove all of the old wal files.

Is there a known issues with this command?

Here is the command I ran.

pg_archivecleanup -d /opt/dbbackups/db1_wal_keep 000000010000002200000049.00000020.backup

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.