Re: [ADMIN] Change ownership of a database

От Jorge Torralba
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Change ownership of a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
REASSIGN OWNED BY

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Kevin Duffy <kevind0718@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all:

I made a mistake.  Maybe I was lazy.
I created a database and did some amount of development as postgres.

Now I need to get this changed to a log-on role say xxx-db-owner.
I have a bunch of tables , functions and user defined types.

I have created the role: xxx-db-owner.
And most important I have db backups and have a copy of the db on the server under a different name.

And I have written the sql to to the changes for the tables, functions and user defined types.

Question:  the database and schema ownership needs to be changed also?
         Is there an order I should do the changes in?
         Is there a way I can shoot myself in the foot here.

Many thanks for your attention to this matter.

KBD

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.