Re: Decreasing the data loss after failover

От Jorge Torralba
Тема Re: Decreasing the data loss after failover
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I don't use barman and am not familiar with it. But at a very high level assuming you are using PITR strategy, the below may help.

If your backups involve a base backup and you are archiving your WAL files with archive_command sometime the simplest thing can get over looked.

For example, prior to restoring your base backup and applying WAL files, did you save the original pg_xlog content? You need to restore that content to the pg_xlog directory after the base restore. Then restore with the command to read your archived WAL files which when complete will apply what is in the pg_xlog directory and bring you to your latest state.

JT