Error code for "no partition or relation found for row"

От nunks
Тема Error code for "no partition or relation found for row"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

What is the error code for capturing "no partition or relation found
for row" errors on PL/pgSQL? I feel there should be a specific error
code for that, but I can't find it in the documentation.

In the past, with function partitioning schemes, I used
"undefined_table" exceptions, but it doesn't work with new Postgres 11
partitioning.

Judging by the executor code in execPartition.c, the error code seems
to be ERRCODE_CHECK_VIOLATION, but listening for "check_violation" on
EXCEPTION blocks doesn't work.

Even if it worked, though, wouldn't it collide with other CHECK
constraint violations? I'm writing a function to create partitions
automatically on insert, and this mixed behavior could trigger an
unwanted "CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ..."

Thanks!
Nunks

“Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.”

- Stella Adler