Re: queries timeout during backup postgres database

От akp geek
Тема Re: queries timeout during backup postgres database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
vacuum_cost_delay = 2ms ,
I set it as 20ms. last night I did not see any timeouts during the back up. But I don't understand that. Thanks a lot for the support

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM, akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have  statement_timeout  as commented in the postgresql.conf. I just
>> checked it..
>
> statement timeout, like so many things, can be set per user or per
> database.  Connect as the backup use and issue this statement:
>
> show statement_timeout;

The other possibility is that you're getting a network timeout while
waiting for a response to a select statement.  Most network timeouts
are ~2 hours, but if you've got a firewall look at timeouts.  Any
timeouts should be disabled to troubleshoot.