postgres 9.0.2 replicated database is crashing

От akp geek
Тема postgres 9.0.2 replicated database is crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all -

         I am in desperate need of your help. The replication/streaming stopped working on March5th. I followed the following procedure to restart the streaming. After running it for couple of hours , the database is crashing on the slave.  This is on our production server.  Thanks for your help.

Steps that I followed

1.  SELECT pg_start_backup('label', true);
2.  I created tar of data.
3.  un tar the data on the slave.
4. deleted the pid file on the slave
5. created recovery.conf
5. SELECT pg_stop_backup();  on the primary
6.  started the postgres on slave
7.  After 2 hours,  the slave server crashes

Please help.

Regards