Re: "set primary keys..." is missing when using hight values fortransactions / scaling factor with pgbench

От Elvir Kurić
Тема Re: "set primary keys..." is missing when using hight values fortransactions / scaling factor with pgbench
Дата
Ответ на Re: "set primary keys..." is missing when using hight values fortransactions / scaling factor with pgbench  (David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
thank you David.

I first run initialize step

$  pgbench -i -s 8000 sampledb

and then run step

$ pgbench -c 10 -j 2 -t 8000 sampledb

if I change -s/-t to lower value , eg, 100 above commands will show

--
set primary keys...
done.

Do you suggest that above is not correct way?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 27 June 2018 at 00:21, Elvir Kurić <elvirkuric@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have strange issue with pgbench where it fails to execute step to create
> primary keys when I specify scaling factor / transactions to some reasonable
> high value - eg. 8k.

The primary keys are only created in -i mode, which can't be used in
conjunction with the options you've mentioned.

pgbench will perform a vacuum before an actual test run, so perhaps
that's what you're seeing.  You may also have noticed it also didn't
perform the create tables and data population too without -i.

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/