Re: Database 'template1' vacuum

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Database 'template1' vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Natalie Wenz
<nataliewenz@ebureau.com> wrote:

> ERROR:  database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound
> data loss in database "template1"
>
> This error popped up right after I restarted a database that had
> just finished running a vacuum freeze in single user mode for the
> postgres database (the only database we use).
> (That was in response to: ERROR:  database is not accepting
> commands to avoid wraparound data loss in database "postgres")
>
> I'm confused about the need to vacuum template1. All of our
> activity is in the database named postgres. Do all of the
> databases share the same set of xids?

Yes.

> If they do, why would the single user backend vacuum not handle
> all of the databases at once?

A connection is always to a particular database.  The big question
is why autovacuum didn't keep you out of trouble.  You didn't turn
that off, did you?  If not, please describe your hardware and
workload, and show you vacuum/autovacuum configuration values.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com