Re: BUG #14292: Error in installing the postgresql 9.3

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #14292: Error in installing the postgresql 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:54 AM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Nagendra, Kashyap <Kashyap.Nagendra@xerox.com> wrote:

>> Could you please let me know the possible issues due to not installing the
>> specified packages.
>
> I'm reasonably certain both pertain to the psql (and zlib to pg_dump and
> maybe other) client tools provided as part of PostgreSQL.  Readline makes
> using the psql prompt easier while zlib provides transfer compression
> between the client and server.
>
> There may be other aspects too, I'm mostly going off of what the
> applications do.

I'm pretty sure that pg_dump and pg_restore (and probably other applications)
won't be able to deal with compression without zlib.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14292: Error in installing the postgresql 9.3
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14292: Error in installing the postgresql 9.3