Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:

> So, per my initial response, a good and easy strategy would be a one-two
> punch of mentioning both 9.6 and 10.0 in the same announcements.  The
> announcements would headline with and be focused on 9.6, but each would
> include a footnote about 10.0 also.  That way people are reminded of the
> 10.0 need without being hit over the head by having dedicated announcements
> about it. -- Darren Duncan

But this kind of illustrates the confusion we need to overcome.
The two major releases we are talking about are 9.6 and 10.  The
initial minor release numbers for them are 9.6.0 and 10.0,
respectively.  Talking about 9.6 and 10.0 is mixing a reference to
a major release with a reference to the first minor release of the
next major release -- they are not equivalent.  We will know we
have made progress when people start saying that we should mention
"both 9.6 and v10 in the same announcement."

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?
Сообщение: Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?