Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?
Дата
Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 2016-08-18 7:14 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 8/15/16 7:21 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> This means that we have a year to make sure that every driver author and
>> every body who has some hackish script parsing the version number scheme
>> finds out about it -- before 10.0 is released.
>
> Realistically, most stuff doesn't even support 9.6 yet, and we wouldn't
> want to distract from that.  So my take is to do nothing for about the
> next 6 months.

So, per my initial response, a good and easy strategy would be a one-two punch
of mentioning both 9.6 and 10.0 in the same announcements.  The announcements
would headline with and be focused on 9.6, but each would include a footnote
about 10.0 also.  That way people are reminded of the 10.0 need without being
hit over the head by having dedicated announcements about it. -- Darren Duncan

Сообщение: Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?
Сообщение: Re: How can we get the word out about the change in version numbering?