Re: pg killed by oom-killer, "invalid contrecord length 2190 at A6C/331AAA90" on slaves

От Joe Van Dyk
Тема Re: pg killed by oom-killer, "invalid contrecord length 2190 at A6C/331AAA90" on slaves
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-10-25 13:55:57 -0700, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> One of my postgres backends was killed by the oom-killer. Now, one of my
> streaming replication slaves is reporting "invalid contrecord length 2190
> at A6C/331AAA90" in the logs and replication has paused. I have other
> streaming replication slaves that are fine.

Is it a LOG or a PANIC message? Because it's not unexpected to see such
messages when reaching the end of the local and/or restore_command
provided WAL.

It's a log message. The server is still running, just replication has paused.

> I'm running 9.3.5 on the master. I have 9.3.4 on the slave that has the
> problem, and 9.3.5 on the slave that doesn't have the problem. Is this
> something that was fixed in 9.3.5?

We have really no information to answer that question accurately.

So you really need to provide logs and such.

I'll try to find something next time it happens.

Joe

Greetings,

Andres Freund

--