Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration

От Ayush Vatsa
Тема Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 at 22:10, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry, I should have included the required information initially itself. I
> am new to the database field so please pardon my mistakes :)

You still didn't mention the platform/environment, but I guess from
the reference to -isysroot that it must be macOS (Darwin).  I further
guess that you're using Homebrew or MacPorts, because bare macOS
doesn't supply GNU sed.  That doesn't get us much further though;
plenty of Postgres developers use one or the other of those setups
without difficulty.

One idea that comes to mind is that you might be trying to build in
a directory path that contains spaces or other odd characters.
That's generally not well supported by Unix-based tooling.
However, I'm not sure how that'd lead to this particular failure.

The only other idea I have is that maybe you have some weird
Homebrew or MacPorts package installed that changes the behavior
of your shell.  I have no idea what that would be though.

FWIW, on my own Mac laptop, line 486 in config.status in a
current build looks like

    *\'*) ac_optarg=`$as_echo "$ac_optarg" | sed "s/'/'\\\\\\\\''/g"` ;;

which seems identical to what you reported.  So that takes some
steam out of the idea that the file was generated incorrectly
in your build, pointing more to the idea that your shell is not
reading it as-expected.