Re: how can I fix my accent issues?

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: how can I fix my accent issues?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Igniris Valdivia Baez wrote:

> hello, thank you for answering, it's not a typo, in the attachments
> you can see that this is actually my collation, algo a pic of the
> problem for more clarification,

This character is meant to replace undisplayable characters:

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specials_(Unicode_block):

  U+FFFD � REPLACEMENT CHARACTER used to replace an unknown,
  unrecognised, or unrepresentable character

It would useful to know whether:

- this code point U+FFFD is in the database contents in places
where accented characters should be. In this case the SQL client is
just faithfully displaying it and the problem is not on its side.

- or whether the database contains the accented characters normally
encoded in UTF8. In this case there's a configuration mismatch on the
SQL client side when reading.

To break down a string into code points to examine it, a query like
the following can be used, where you replace SELECT 'somefield'
with a query that selects a suspicious string from your actual table:

WITH string(x) AS (
   SELECT 'somefield'
)
SELECT
  c,
  to_hex(ascii(c)) AS codepoint
FROM
  string CROSS JOIN LATERAL regexp_split_to_table(x, '') AS c
;

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité