Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2

От Robert Burgholzer
Тема Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank Tom, that's much better than guessing.

r.b.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> On 10/03/2011 10:10 AM, Robert Burgholzer wrote:
>> FWIW - I am currently trying this while tracing the process that I
>> assume is the postmaster (/usr/bin/postgres -D /home/postgres/data),
>> since this process number indicates that it was recently restarted -
>> although the other PG processes, writer, wal writer, autovacuum, stats
>> collector all have their older pids indicating that they still survive.

> Sounds like you are attaching to the wrong process. Try something like
> the below...

No need to guess about it ... use "select pg_backend_pid();" and then
attach to that process.  (BTW, the "postmaster" is the parent process.
The one you want to debug is a backend.)

Robert W. Burgholzer
http://www.findingfreestyle.com/
On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Finding-Freestyle/151918511505970
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/findfreestyle