Re: pg_stat_statements: calls under-estimation propagation

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements: calls under-estimation propagation
Дата
Re: pg_stat_statements: calls under-estimation propagation  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Sameer Thakur <samthakur74@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes i was. Just saw a warning when pg_stat_statements is loaded that
> valid values for pg_stat_statements.max is between 100 and 2147483647.
> Not sure why though.

I remember hacking that out for testing sake.

I can only justify it as a foot-gun to prevent someone from being
stuck restarting the database to get a reasonable number in there.
Let's CC Peter; maybe he can remember some thoughts about that.

Also, for onlookers, I have changed this patch around to do the
date-oriented stuff but want to look it over before stapling it up and
sending it.  If one cannot wait, one can look at
https://github.com/fdr/postgres/tree/queryid.  The squashed-version of
that history contains a reasonable patch I think, but a re-read often
finds something for me and I've only just completed it yesterday.