Re: test git conversion

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: test git conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda@truviso.com> wrote:
>> Ok, I've had a crack at this. I have a local copy on github
>> git://github.com/davecramer/pgjdbc.git . How can I clone the github
>> copy to git.postgresql.org ?
>
> Excellent. Before we do that, though, should we try to clean up the
> cvs2svn manufactured commits on branches with git filter-branch? I've
> been meaning to get back to this, but now that someone's taken the
> initiative, I can give that a shot tonight. Also, is the author info
> right?:

The manufactured commit means cvs2git has lost sync with repo
and uses such commit to get back on track.  Can you really
simply filter out such commits, without fixing the sync problem first?

Instead, if the surrounding commits look fine, you can leave them as-is.

> maciek@anemone:~$ git log | grep 'Author:' | sort | uniq
> Author: barry <barry>
> Author: blind <blind>
> Author: davec <davec>
> Author: davecramer <davecramer>
> Author: jurka <jurka>
> Author: momjian <momjian>
> Author: oliver <oliver>
> Author: petere <petere>
> Author: peter <peter>
> Author: pgsql <pgsql>
> Author: scrappy <scrappy>
> Author: tgl <tgl>
> Author: wieck <wieck>
>
> It does not include e-mail addresses (I don't know if we necessarily
> need them, but, e.g., the main PostgreSQL repo seems to have them) and
> it seems to dupe some committers with aliases (davec/davecramer and
> possibly petere/peter? also, should the "pgsql" commmits be attributed
> to someone?). The filter-branch (or another filter-branch) can take
> care of this as well.

This file should have good author list:

https://github.com/mhagander/pggit_migrate/blob/master/cvs2git.options

--