Re: test git conversion

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: test git conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Todo:
> - fill author map
> - spot problems

I found author map from https://github.com/mhagander/pggit_migrate
and used that (blind and oliver i guessed).  Also renamed
cvs2svn to cvs2git in config.

Few uncertain areas that I know of:
- What to do with keywords?  Curretly they are squashed.
- What to do with .cvsignore.  There is option of skipping them.
  [I would prefer explicit commit that converts them to .gitignore]
- There are few manufactured commits on branches (not on HEAD):

$ grep -i cvs2 cvs2svn-tmp/git-dump.dat
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL6_4'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create tag 'REL7_1_BETA'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create tag 'REL7_1'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL7_3_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL7_4_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL7_4_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_0_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_2_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_1_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_2_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create tag 'REL8_2_505'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_0_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_1_STABLE'.
This commit was manufactured by cvs2git to create branch 'REL8_2_STABLE'.

So the question is does the code look sane around those points
and do we need to do something with it.  As cvs2git has seen improvements
since postgres conversion, perhaps they are ok and we can ignore those.
Especially since they are only on older branches.

New config attached.  No changes to convert script.

--
marko

Вложения