Re: remaining sql/json patches

От jian he
Тема Re: remaining sql/json patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 3:15 PM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 11:30 AM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 9:57 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Please let me know if you have further comments on 0001.  I'd like to
> > > get that in before spending more energy on 0002.

more doc issue with v48. 0001, 0002.
    <para>
     The optional <replaceable>json_path_name</replaceable> serves as an
     identifier of the provided <replaceable>path_expression</replaceable>.
     The path name must be unique and distinct from the column names.
    </para>
"path name" should be
<replaceable>json_path_name</replaceable>

git diff --check
doc/src/sgml/func.sgml:19192: trailing whitespace.
+ id |   kind   |      title      |     director

+  <para>
+   JSON data stored at a nested level of the row pattern can be extracted using
+   the <literal>NESTED PATH</literal> clause.  Each
+   <literal>NESTED PATH</literal> clause can be used to generate one or more
+   columns using the data from a nested level of the row pattern, which can be
+   specified using a <literal>COLUMNS</literal> clause.  Rows constructed from
+   such columns are called <firstterm>child rows</firstterm> and are joined
+   agaist the row constructed from the columns specified in the parent
+   <literal>COLUMNS</literal> clause to get the row in the final view.  Child
+   columns may themselves contain a <literal>NESTED PATH</literal>
+   specifification thus allowing to extract data located at arbitrary nesting
+   levels.  Columns produced by <literal>NESTED PATH</literal>s at the same
+   level are considered to be <firstterm>siblings</firstterm> and are joined
+   with each other before joining to the parent row.
+  </para>

"agaist" should be "against".
"specifification" should be "specification".
+    Rows constructed from
+   such columns are called <firstterm>child rows</firstterm> and are joined
+   agaist the row constructed from the columns specified in the parent
+   <literal>COLUMNS</literal> clause to get the row in the final view.
this sentence is long, not easy to comprehend, maybe we can rephrase it
or split it into two.

+  | NESTED PATH <replaceable>json_path_specification</replaceable>
<optional> AS <replaceable>path_name</replaceable> </optional>
+        COLUMNS ( <replaceable>json_table_column</replaceable>
<optional>, ...</optional> )
v48, 0002 patch.
in the json_table synopsis section, put these two lines into one line,
I think would make it more readable.
also the following sgml code will render the html into one line.
    <term>
      <literal>NESTED PATH</literal>
<replaceable>json_path_specification</replaceable> <optional>
<literal>AS</literal> <replaceable>json_path_name</replaceable>
</optional>
          <literal>COLUMNS</literal> (
<replaceable>json_table_column</replaceable> <optional>,
...</optional> )
    </term>

also <replaceable>path_name</replaceable> should be
<replaceable>json_path_name</replaceable>.

+    <para>
+     The <literal>NESTED PATH</literal> syntax is recursive,
+     so you can go down multiple nested levels by specifying several
+     <literal>NESTED PATH</literal> subclauses within each other.
+     It allows to unnest the hierarchy of JSON objects and arrays
+     in a single function invocation rather than chaining several
+     <function>JSON_TABLE</function> expressions in an SQL statement.
+    </para>
"The <literal>NESTED PATH</literal> syntax is recursive"
should be
`
The <literal>NESTED PATH</literal> syntax can be recursive,