Re: postgresql database use a case insensitive collation

От jian he
Тема Re: postgresql database use a case insensitive collation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,
You cannot set database-wise case-insensitive collation. Since case insensitiveness is nondeterministic comparisons.

CREATE DATABASE ma page pg 15 quote
There is currently no option to use a database locale with nondeterministic comparisons (see CREATE COLLATION for an explanation). If this is needed, then per-column collations would need to be used.

You can also check: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/collation.html (section 24.2.2.4)