Re: libpq parameter parsing problem

От Oleksandr Shulgin
Тема Re: libpq parameter parsing problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 7:29 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 09:17:23AM +0100, Oleksandr Shulgin wrote:
> At the same time, we could still be more specific if we would say
> "delimiters" instead of the generic "special meaning".  Should we then
> provide an exhaustive list of delimiters or is it clear enough like that?
> For example, the whitespace doesn't need to be percent-encoded (it doesn't
> hurt as you might be able to spare the quoting if using it as an argument
> to a shell command), while the "equal sign", when used in the query string
> part, does need encoding.

This term comes from you, as of 2d612ab,

Then it's official :-D

and that does not look like
something to change because reserved characters have "sometimes" a
special meaning in this context.  A reference to the RFC is sufficient
IMO, readers could always look at that reference for a precise list
and that would bloat the docs more than necessary.

Yeah, the fact that a delimiter in one context may perfectly be ignored in the other is what makes it tricky to describe, with a non-zero likelihood of making it more confusing. :-/

Fine by me to keep it like that, though I'm obviously biased as I never had this question in the first place.

--
Alex

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16215: Restore failes if number of workers in postgresql.conf is lower than on source system
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16215: Restore failes if number of workers inpostgresql.conf is lower than on source system