[pgadmin-support] PGAdmin Installation x86 or x64 which is it?

От Sean McPoland
Тема [pgadmin-support] PGAdmin Installation x86 or x64 which is it?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

OK so I've downloaded the very latest Enterprise Data Base PostgreSQL x64 installer for Windows 10 which installed very easily.

First thing I noticed was PGAdmin 4 was VERY slow until after I did a reboot.  I'm sure this is just one of those things, but noting it anyway.

Right so as to this problem

I open PGAdmin 4 and it complains that it is version 1.2 and I need to upgrade to 1.3, so go to the download page

Click the link and there is only a x86 version.

Trouble is the EDB installer has installed PGAdmin in "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\pgAdmin 4" which is a x64 directory.

I really don't want to have two copies of PGAdmin 4 on my computer, or any computer for that matter, so what is the correct way to deal with this situation?

Will a x64 version be made available or has the version installed with the EDB installation been installed into a x64 folder when it is really an x86 application and should therefore be in a "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder.  Which would be very confusing...

Simply put, how do I upgrade my PGAdmin 4 without having two copies on the computer?

Thanks and best regards