Re: [pgadmin-support] PGAdmin Installation x86 or x64 which is it?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] PGAdmin Installation x86 or x64 which is it?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Sean McPoland <smcpoland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OK so I've downloaded the very latest Enterprise Data Base PostgreSQL x64
> installer for Windows 10 which installed very easily.
>
> First thing I noticed was PGAdmin 4 was VERY slow until after I did a
> reboot.  I'm sure this is just one of those things, but noting it anyway.
>

> Right so as to this problem
>
> I open PGAdmin 4 and it complains that it is version 1.2 and I need to
> upgrade to 1.3, so go to the download page
>
> https://www.pgadmin.org/download/windows4.php
>
> Click the link and there is only a x86 version.
>
> Trouble is the EDB installer has installed PGAdmin in "C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\pgAdmin 4" which is a x64 directory.
>
> I really don't want to have two copies of PGAdmin 4 on my computer, or any
> computer for that matter, so what is the correct way to deal with this
> situation?
>
> Will a x64 version be made available or has the version installed with the
> EDB installation been installed into a x64 folder when it is really an x86
> application and should therefore be in a "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder.
> Which would be very confusing...
>
> Simply put, how do I upgrade my PGAdmin 4 without having two copies on the
> computer?

Upgrade PostgreSQL. I believe the updated packages should be available
later today (there was an unexpected delay).

If you install using the PostgreSQL installers, then that is how you
should upgrade. Various companies/groups offer packages that include
pgAdmin, and none of them offer compatibility with other packages.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company