Re: Trying to change the owner of some tables

От John Scalia
Тема Re: Trying to change the owner of some tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I actually did one step better than that. I dropped the database and recreated it and then imported the schema again. Working much better since then, but I'm still having some issues with dropping a group role which is telling me that the role has privileges for over 4000 objects currently. I tried querying all the schemas and doing a revoke all privileges on each schema for this role, but it's still arguing with me.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
John Scalia wrote:
> Thanks guys, I was not aware of that command, but it did NOT succeed in changing these strangely missing tables. The tables appear, when I try to drop the old owner as:
>
> second_schema.partition_table_name_one;
>
> then two, three, etc.,  I've only been successful using
>
> alter table second_schema.partition_table_name_one owner to userB;
>
> But I'd rather not do that for 2000+ entries.

I think the current situation is that the pg_class entries point to one
user, but the pg_shdepend entries point to the original owner.  That is
an example case of catalog "corruption" -- or rather inconsistency.

I think what you should do is update pg_class back to the original
state, and then apply REASSIGN OWNED BY.  If the new owner had tables
other than those owned by the one you're trying to delete, this would be
pretty complicated, though -- in this case you should probably compare
the pg_shdepend entries to find out which tables were owned by the other
user, so that you know which ones to update.  This should doable, if a
bit tricky.

Hopefully this episode demonstrates the folly of updating catalogs "by
hand".  I suggest never to do that again, and if somebody else tells you
to, point them here.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Сообщение: Re: database must be vacuumed with transactions
Сообщение: Re: database must be vacuumed with transactions