Re: [ADMIN] Postgres replication

От John Scalia
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
My usual way of doing this, is to 1) stop the master, 2) stop the replica, 3) restart the master, and finally 40 restart the replica.Slaves don't try to reconnect, they only attempt on startup. Your problem may now be that some WAL logs on the master may have disappeared by now, so the slave will not be able to catch up. Your only choice then is to rebuild it. Not really a problem, as all you need to do is run a pg_basebackup against the master.