Re: Problem with COPY command on pg_dump

От Blake McBride
Тема Re: Problem with COPY command on pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I suppose it's something I'm doing.  I'm pg_dump'ing the schema with the data, so I can't be missing any columns.  However, I wrote a program to filter out certain data.  I believe that is where the problem is.  I wrote it a long, long time ago before --exclude-table-data existed.  When I use --exclude-table-data it works.

Thanks.

Blake

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2017, at 8:42 AM, Blake McBride <blake@mcbride.name> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am using pg_dump on version 9.5.10 and trying to import it on version 9.3.20.  Many (or all) COPY commands are failing with messages like:
>
> psql:16504.db:16874: ERROR:  missing data for column "street"
> CONTEXT:  COPY address, line 1: ""
>
> Is there an easy way for me to fix this (like export with some compatibility flag)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Blake McBride

Is there in fact ‘street’ data in the file?   Sounds like you have the wrong number of columns. Do you have your actual dump and restore commands to show here?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem with COPY command on pg_dump
От: Boshomi DeWiki
Сообщение: Future of PlPython2