Re: [ADMIN] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt

От rakesh goyal
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Cat for quick response. I understand this. Is there any way I can encrypt the data at rest in Postgres using LUKS. Kind find any documentation.

On Tue, 16 May 2017 at 1:36 PM, Cat <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:43:02AM -0700, rakesh-eltropy wrote:
> */usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /mnt/files/postgres/ -l
> /var/logs/postgres/postgrs.log  start*
> Even though we unmounted /mnt/files
>
> *sudo umount -l /mnt/files*
> When we try to close volume using LUKS.
>
> *sudo cryptsetup luksClose volume1*
> Getting following errors:
>
> *device-mapper: remove ioctl on volume1 failed: Device or resource busy*

Looks fair. You did a lazy unmount whilst postgres is still using it
(lsof -n will confirm) THEN you tried to tell it to stop the encryption
processing, which it wont let you do as the mount is still in use
(though detached from the filesystem tree).

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Postgres Data Encryption Using LUKS with dm-crypt