Re: PostgreSQL ping/pong to client

От Ajay Pratap
Тема Re: PostgreSQL ping/pong to client
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Maybe postgresql (application) layer ping pong.

Enabling system wise timeouts can impact my whole setup including my web app, thats why it is hard for me to configure them.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019, 22:12 Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:49 PM Ajay Pratap <ajaypratap@drishti-soft.com> wrote:
> Correction: I meant when my java application dies postgres should break all the connections that were associated with that peer.

And how is the server supposed to detect that without keepalives? TCP
is dessigned to survice for extended period of times without traffic,
I used that a lot in the dial up times.

And what makes you think keepalives are impactful and unrealistic? I
use them a lot, they do not impact my workloads measurably.

Francisco Olarte.

Disclaimer: The information in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Drishti is neither liable for the improper, incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt. The communication is not intended to operate as an electronic signature under any applicable law. Drishti assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the use of e-mails.