Re: PostgreSQL ping/pong to client

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: PostgreSQL ping/pong to client
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL ping/pong to client
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:49 PM Ajay Pratap <ajaypratap@drishti-soft.com> wrote:
> Correction: I meant when my java application dies postgres should break all the connections that were associated with
thatpeer.

And how is the server supposed to detect that without keepalives? TCP
is dessigned to survice for extended period of times without traffic,
I used that a lot in the dial up times.

And what makes you think keepalives are impactful and unrealistic? I
use them a lot, they do not impact my workloads measurably.

Francisco Olarte.