Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones

От Lincoln Swaine-Moore
Тема Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> If you mean that your input will always include an explicit zone
> specification, then this doesn't affect you.  What I was thinking
> about was that

>         select generate_series('2023-10-04 13:30', ...)

> is going to mean different things depending on the zone setting
> that prevails when that constant is parsed.

Gotcha--I thought you meant the timezone argument to the function ($4). I can make sure that all the datetime arguments to the function are "with timezone", so there should be no ambiguity. But I guess if I didn't, the timezone given by $4 would be the one parsing the naive timestamps, which I think would also be ok from my perspective.

Thanks!

Сообщение: Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones
Сообщение: Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones