Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lincoln Swaine-Moore <lswainemoore@gmail.com> writes:
>> Yeah.  One thing to keep in mind is that that might have different
>> behavior in terms of the evaluation of the arguments to the function,
>> ie which timezone setting is your input parsed according to.

> I see. You mean, in the event that it doesn't conform to an entry in
> `pg_timezone_names`? I do have control over the possible options the user
> can provide, so it should be straightforward to make sure those all have
> entries.

If you mean that your input will always include an explicit zone
specification, then this doesn't affect you.  What I was thinking
about was that

    select generate_series('2023-10-04 13:30', ...)

is going to mean different things depending on the zone setting
that prevails when that constant is parsed.

Сообщение: Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones
Сообщение: Re: Strategies for converting UTC data to local windows for arbitrary resolutions and timezones