PostgreSQL Cluster with shared SAN Database

От Manuel Hupp
Тема PostgreSQL Cluster with shared SAN Database
Дата
Список pgsql-cluster-hackers
Hello,

is it possible to creata a PostgreSQL cluster using 2 servers (nodes) which share one database which is located on an SAN?
(like Oracle RAC)

I would like to increase performance, an scalability. So i´d like to run the nodes in active/active mode. I do not want to replicate my data base. The cluster should not be a pure failover or HA cluster. I want both nodes to work on the database on the same time. And if one of the nodes fails, the other node should takeover all operations. But i do not want an active/passive cluster.

If this is not possible with PostgreSQL, which open source database can i use?

Thank you.

В списке pgsql-cluster-hackers по дате отправления: