Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information

От Tim Clotworthy
Тема Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I have a customer that is about to undertake a migration of an Oracle 11g database to PostgreSQL 9.x (exact version to be determined). I am talking not only of the migration of schemas and data, but also of a substantial codebase of Pl/SQL stored procedures, as well as many triggers.

I don't think they know yet what they are up against. Everything I have read is that this is a very substantial effort. At this stage, they would be particularly interested in realistic and practical information on how to estimate the effort required as well as any best-practices or guidance on transition strategies.

I have found official documentation on the PostgreSQL site for porting Pl/SQL to PL/pgSQL. This is excellent technical documentation. However, there success will require that they are well prepared realistically understanding the scope of the effor they are asbout to undertake.

Thanks for any response!

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: