Re: PostgreSQL as advanced job queuing system

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: PostgreSQL as advanced job queuing system
Дата
Список pgsql-general

https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/listening-postgres-how-listen-and-notify-syntax-promote-high-availability-application-layer

> If others have links to good articles on this subject, or good input to give in this thread, I'd be interested.
Thanks,--DD

This is a well worn topic within the postgres community, with a number
of different implementations, but a couple of links that are probably
worth looking at would be:
- https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGQ_Tutorial, probably the first
queue system that gained wide adoption
- https://brandur.org/river, a new queue system based on postgres/go,
which also has a link to an article about why the authors had ditched
postgres based queueing in favor of redis some years before which is
worth a read to understand some of the issues that Postgres has as the
basis for a queue system.

And yeah, I suspect this may become a hot topic again now that Redis
is moving away from open source:
https://redis.com/blog/redis-adopts-dual-source-available-licensing/

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net