Re: PostgreSQL Travel offer for current GSOC students

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Travel offer for current GSOC students
Дата
Список pgsql-students
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Students,
>
> As we do every year, if you are a GSOC student this year, the PostgreSQL
> community will pay for you to attend one PostgreSQL community conference
> in 2013-2014.  This includes airfare, local transportation, visa fees
> and conference fees up to $1800USD maximum.
>
> We would prefer that you attend a conference which is either near you,
> or shared with your mentor.
>
> Upcoming PostgreSQL conferences include:
>
> Postgres Open - September 16, Chicago, USA
> pgConf.EU - November 1, Dublin, Ireland
> PGDay.IT (Italian only) - October 25th, Prato, Italy
> FOSDEM PostgreSQL Room: February, Brussels, Belgium
> pgCon - May, Ottawa, Canada
> CHAR(14)/UK PGDAY - June, Oxford, UK
>
> There will also likely be a pgDay in China, a pgDay Germany, and a JPUG
> conference in Japan in 2014, but these are not scheduled yet.

PGConf.DE has most definitely been announced and scheduled, a long
time ago. November 8 in Oberhausen, Germany.

But I don't believe CHAR(14)/UKPGDAY has actually been announced, so
that's not certain to happen.

Also, how do you actually specify those dates? Postgres Open is Sep
16-18, so there you used the first day. PGConf.EU is Oct 29-Nov 1, so
there you used the last day. I'd advice anybody considering it to
carefully look at the website for the actual conference, and not go by
the list above ;)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления: