Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Дата
Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages  (Lenz Grimmer <lenz@grimmer.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 12/16/2013 03:20 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> I'd like to ask if it would be possible to add Oracle Linux to the list of
> distributions on the PostgreSQL download pages. In particular, I'd like to
> suggest the following changes:

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't list OL alongside the other Red
Hat variants, if the RPMs work on it.

We should only add those if we are willing to support Oracle Linux. Otherwise we could just make a footnote somewhere saying that they should work there too, but are not supported. At least my understanding is that we do fully support RHEL+CentOS+SL+Fedora. If we can equally well support Oracle it should be added to that list, if not it should be added some other way. But if the RPMs do work, I agree it's probably a good idea to at least mention it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Change my contributor information
Сообщение: Re: Change my contributor information