Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 3:39 PM Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 14:36, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 7/30/19 8:16 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 at 22:57, Nasby, Jim <nasbyj@amazon.com
> <mailto:nasbyj@amazon.com>> wrote:
>
>     At pgCon we had an BoF for projects/companies that are maintaining
>     either forks of Postgres (ie: Aurora Postgres, EDB, Greenplum, BDR),
>     or extensions that interact heavily with internals (ie: Citus,
>     TimescaleDB). We’d like to have a mailing list to facilitate further
>     discussion in this area.____
>

> BDR3 is not a fork of Postgres, but it is an extension.

On that note, I'd be a +1 for "pgsql-extensions" as it would certainly
help facilitate above suggested communication. It would be all
encompassing of extensions, forks, etc.

Sounds like a better name and focus.

+1.

I think the other part is, what would be the "level" of focus. Is this for people building the extensions, or people using them? If it's for people working on them, perhaps it should be pgsql-extensions-hackers or similar, to make that clear?