Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@
Дата
Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@  (Jeremy Schneider <schnjere@amazon.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On 2019-07-30 15:41, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>         On that note, I'd be a +1 for "pgsql-extensions" as it would
>         certainly
>         help facilitate above suggested communication. It would be all
>         encompassing of extensions, forks, etc.
>

>     Sounds like a better name and focus.
>

> +1.
>
> I think the other part is, what would be the "level" of focus. Is this
> for people building the extensions, or people using them? If it's for
> people working on them, perhaps it should be pgsql-extensions-hackers or
> similar, to make that clear?

My interpretation of those names involving "extension" would be that
that is a mailing list where the authors of plr, orafce, and ip4r hang
out and discuss battling the idiosyncrasies of pgxs.  Which might be
useful (probably not), but it's totally not what this mailing list
proposal is meant for.

I'm personally not opposed to pgsql-forks, but I see that this name
could be contentious.  How about something like pgsql-derived-hackers?

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: