Re: Standbys using commas in application_name cannot become sync nodes

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Standbys using commas in application_name cannot become sync nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Another possibility to consider would be to mention that in the
> > documentation on back-branches, and simply block its use on HEAD. For
> > the quorum sync patch (which is far from baked yet), we are going to
> > need two extra special characters to identify quorum and priority
> > groups of nodes, so we would need to provide the same solution as for
> > commas.
>
> Horiguchi-san has just mentioned in [1] that one can use double-quotes
> in s_s_names around a node name to bypass the problem. That's
> undocumented though, so wouldn't we want to mention that at least?
> [1]:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160215.141102.28792569.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp

I think that combined with option 4 (comment the possible caveat) is the
best way forward. Especially since we have this ability, there is no need
to restrict it and possibly break existing applications. But documenting it
would clearly be an advantage.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Standbys using commas in application_name cannot become sync nodes
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Standbys using commas in application_name cannot become sync nodes