Re: Standbys using commas in application_name cannot become sync nodes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Standbys using commas in application_name cannot become sync nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another possibility to consider would be to mention that in the
> documentation on back-branches, and simply block its use on HEAD. For
> the quorum sync patch (which is far from baked yet), we are going to
> need two extra special characters to identify quorum and priority
> groups of nodes, so we would need to provide the same solution as for
> commas.

Horiguchi-san has just mentioned in [1] that one can use double-quotes
in s_s_names around a node name to bypass the problem. That's
undocumented though, so wouldn't we want to mention that at least?
[1]: http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160215.141102.28792569.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp
--
Michael