Re: sync issue with pgFoundry to ftp.postgresql.org

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: sync issue with pgFoundry to ftp.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 16:43 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We do no URL translations, so presumably the same URL is used on both
> ends (with different hostname, of course)?

Well, the existing (now previous) URL was:

http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/pgFoundry/pg-comparator/%{sname}/%{version}/%{sname}-%{version}.tgz

so that I did not need to edit this during an update. Now, it is back to
the:

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/3597/pg_comparator-2.2.2.tgz

stuff, which means I will need to track 3597 or whatever on each update.

ISTM that the proper fix is that pgfoundry actually exposes the underlying location of the files. Clearly something is strange there, since the "easy" layout appears to be exported through rsync but not http?

I have no idea what that 3597 number comes from, but it seems it could just be removed somehow?

> In general, if you relied on data being synced from there you were
> already in trouble. Most of the attempts to sync just randomly failed
> or hung anyway, so it didn't really work before it was disabled
> either.

Depends. I had no problems with it over the last year or so. RPM build
machines relied on ftp.pg.org already.

Yeah, that's because we had to deal with all the sync issues before it got to you ;)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: