Re: feature freeze and beta schedule

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: feature freeze and beta schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> We really need to segregate the two..  By that what I mean is this: I
> want an "always-open" "bugfix" CF, which allows us to keep track of
> bugfix patches.  Having something about "applies to versions X, Y, Z"
> would be nice too...
>
> /me prods Magnus

I don't really see that as a step forward.  Right now there's one
place to look at for patches that somebody wants me (or someone) to
pay attention to, and, when time permits, I look at it.  Dividing that
up into two places is not going to make me look at them more
frequently.

Thanks for highlighting that somebody was actually trying to get my attention in that thread. I missed it :)

Which brings the point - this should be discussed in a separate thread, really. It's not part of feature freeze or beta schedule... It's more about process...