Re: deb repo doesn't have latest. or possible to update web page?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: deb repo doesn't have latest. or possible to update web page?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 1:34 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Magnus Hagander
> Well, they are not supported. The packages may be there, but they are not
> supported. I think that's an important distinction. Maybe add something
> like "some packages may be available for older versions of Debian, but are
> not supported" or such?

I'm talking about https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt, which is where
you get redirected if you go to http://apt.postgresql.org.

The /download page should have a similar note I think.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to, and that's the one that I think the vast majority of people see.

Maybe something similar to your line, but with a link, e.g. something like
"Note! Packages for older versions of PostgreSQL or the operating system may remain in the repository, but are not supported and will in most cases not be updated anymore. For details, see the apt repository wiki page."

with the wiki page being a link. I do like to get the word "unsupported" in there as well, unless you think that's a bad idea?