Re: [DOCS] pg_replication_slots page links

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [DOCS] pg_replication_slots page links
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think this can be blamed on a9ba6195f, which I only back-patched as
>> far as 9.5 --- guess I didn't realize that the bogus section name
>> existed further back.  So I think the answer to your direct question
>> is "a single page", but maybe we should instead proceed by bringing 9.4
>> into line with the later branches and then updating the docs?

> Adding the mapping to the website was a single row in a db table, and is
> already done, so it wasn't a lot of work. But there might be other reasons
> to change it of course, for consistency.

> Of course, actually *changing* it in 9.4 now will break any external links
> pointing to it. Links within our own documentation will pick it up and
> change accordingly, but anything that's linking from the outside will
> generate 404s.

The db table doesn't result in generating redirects then, I take it?

Nope, the db table doesn't have the versions. It's just:

pgweb=> select * from docsalias  where id=6;
 id |               file1               |             file2
  6 | catalog-pg-replication-slots.html | view-pg-replication-slots.html
(1 row)

So trying to figure out exactly what and where to redirect would be way too hard to get right I think.

Since you already have a fix, I suppose we should leave well enough
alone.  This isn't a big enough deal to expend a lot of sweat on.

Agreed.