Re: pg_rewind vs superuser

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_rewind vs superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 12:43 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 10:18:45AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Looks good. Maybe we should list the "role having sufficient permissions"
> before superuser, "just because", but not something I feel strongly about.

Listing the superuser after sounds fine to me.

> The part about CHECKPOINT also looks pretty good, but that's entirely
> unrelated, right? :)

Completely unrelated, but as we are on this part of the documentation
now, and as we discussed that stuff face-to-face last September where
I actually promised to write a patch without doing it for seven
months, I see no problems to tackle this issue as well now.  Better
later than never :)

:) Nope, I definitely think we need to include that.

I would like to apply this down to 9.5 for the checkpoint part and
down to 11 for the role part, so if anybody has any comments, please
feel free.

All of it, or just the checkpoint part? I assume just the checkpoint part? AFAIK it does require superuser in those earlier versions?