Re: Deprecations in authentication

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Deprecations in authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

On 01/16/2014 08:01 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:

    Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net <mailto:magnus@hagander.net>>

    writes:
    > One thing I noticed - in MSVC, the config parameter "krb5"
    (equivalent of
    > the removed --with-krb5) enabled *both* krb5 and gssapi, and
    there is no
    > separate config parameter for gssapi. Do we want to rename that
    one to
    > "gss", or do we want to keep it as "krb5"? Renaming it would break
    > otherwise working environments, but it's kind of weird to leave
    it...

    +1 for renaming --- anybody who's building with "krb5" and
    expecting to,
    you know, actually *get* krb5 would probably rather find out about
    this
    change at build time instead of down the road a ways.

    A compromise position would be to introduce a gss parameter while
    leaving
    krb5 in place as a deprecated (perhaps undocumented?) synonym for it.
    But I think that's basically confusing.

Yeah, I'm not sure it actually helps much.

Andrew - is this going to cause any issues wrt the buildfarm, by any chance?

None of my Windows buildfarm members builds with krb5. Mastodon does, although it seems to have gone quiet for 16 days (Dave - might be worth a check). Probably the result of renaming krb5 would be just that the build would proceed without it. From memory I don't thing the config settings are sanity checked.

(We need some more, and more modern, Windows buildfarm members.)

Thanks, pushed with the rename. That'll keep things less confusing going forward at least :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/