Re: Deprecations in authentication

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Deprecations in authentication
Дата
Re: Deprecations in authentication  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/16/2014 08:01 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>
>     Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net <mailto:magnus@hagander.net>>
>     writes:
>     > One thing I noticed - in MSVC, the config parameter "krb5"
>     (equivalent of
>     > the removed --with-krb5) enabled *both* krb5 and gssapi, and
>     there is no
>     > separate config parameter for gssapi. Do we want to rename that
>     one to
>     > "gss", or do we want to keep it as "krb5"? Renaming it would break
>     > otherwise working environments, but it's kind of weird to leave
>     it...
>
>     +1 for renaming --- anybody who's building with "krb5" and
>     expecting to,
>     you know, actually *get* krb5 would probably rather find out about
>     this
>     change at build time instead of down the road a ways.
>
>     A compromise position would be to introduce a gss parameter while
>     leaving
>     krb5 in place as a deprecated (perhaps undocumented?) synonym for it.
>     But I think that's basically confusing.
>

> Yeah, I'm not sure it actually helps much.
>

> Andrew - is this going to cause any issues wrt the buildfarm, by any
> chance?

None of my Windows buildfarm members builds with krb5. Mastodon does,
although it seems to have gone quiet for 16 days (Dave - might be worth
a check). Probably the result of renaming krb5 would be just that the
build would proceed without it. From memory I don't thing the config
settings are sanity checked.

(We need some more, and more modern, Windows buildfarm members.)

cheers

andrew