Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This seems to have broken our website build a bit. If you check https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/index.html, you'll notice a bunch of bad characters.

AFAICT this is because the output is now UTF8 and it used to be LATIN1. The current output actually has it in the html tags that it's utf8,but since the old one had no tags specifying it's encoding we hardcoded it to LATIN1.

I assume we shall expect it to always be UTF8 from now on, and just find a way for the docs loader script for the website to properly detect when we switched over? Probably by just looking for that specific <?xml tag on the first line.

Is this change something that might break something else, though?

//Magnus

Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default

The old DSSSL build is still available for a while using the make target
"oldhtml".

Branch
------
master