Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
> On 3.1.2013 18:47, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> On 03.01.2013 01:15, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>> 2) a new global/stat directory
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> The pgstat.stat file was originally saved into the "global" directory,
>>> but with so many files that would get rather messy so I've created a new
>>> global/stat directory and all the files are stored there.
>>>
>>> This also means we can do a simple "delete files in the dir" when
>>> pgstat_reset_all is called.
>>
>> How about creating the new directory as a direct subdir of $PGDATA,
>> rather than buried in global? "global" is supposed to contain data
>> related to shared catalog relations (plus pg_control), so it doesn't
>> seem like the right location for per-database stat files. Also, if we're
>> going to have admins manually zapping the directory (hopefully when the
>> system is offline), that's less scary if the directory is not buried as
>> deep.
>
> That's clearly possible and it's a trivial change. I was thinking about
> that actually, but then I placed the directory into "global" because
> that's where the "pgstat.stat" originally was.

Yeah, +1 for a separate directory not in global.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system